Legal Translation Course
The Legal Translation Course provides an introduction to the basic characteristics of legal texts and legal constructions, laws and bylaws, official documents, commercial contracts, etc…
Who Should Attend?
- University individuals majoring in English literature or translation, particularly freshmen and sophomores
- Any qualified person interested in translation, especially those interested in developing their translation skills in legal contexts
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- absorb and do translation of legal documents
- use the professional and ethical standards required for professional translators
- demonstrate proficiency in utilising legal sources that could assist you in translating legal documents
Course Duration: 10 days
|Timeline||Topics to be covered|
|Day 1||Introduction of legal translation and its contexts (easy vs. difficult legal translation)|
|Day 2||Translating general texts vs. legal simple texts|
|Day 3||Technical and medical texts in legal contexts|
|Day 4||Translation of legal forms|
|Day 5||Time management and mental processing|
|Day 6||Translation of contracts/ agreements (1)|
|Day 7||Translation of contracts/ agreements (2)|
|Day 8||Translation of Memorandum of Association & Articles of Association (1)|
|Day 9||Translation of Memorandum of Association & Articles of Association (2)|
|Day 10||Translation of Memorandum of Association & Articles of Association (3)|
Before the course material given during the training: Compiled translated material related to the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Assessment Form to determine their current level and objectives for attending the course. The content of such Form will be used by the trainer only to give tailored training that is focused on each group of delegates.
At the end of the course
Each delegate will be asked to complete an Individual Development Plan and Vocational Completion Certificate.
Please register your name and contact details to benefit from our discounted fees
The paid fees include training materials, lunch & refreshments.
* Discounts available for multiple bookings